The concerns regarding the development of one’s network are manifold: who to contact, how to manage the bulk of potential contacts, how to approach certain people, how to promote your activities, which communication channels should be used, how to sell without selling out? This activity suggests concrete ways to efficiently widen and maintain your network.
Discussion led by the trainer(s):
- Definition and advantages of interpersonal networking.
- Ten networking tips.
- Evaluation and self-diagnosis: who is currently part of your network?
- The networking strategy: unavoidable actors.
- Maintaining your network.
- Developing necessary social skills.
- How to network when using a sign language interpreter: how to use sign language interpretation efficiently when networking. Strategies one can use?
The last 30-45 minutes: Creating your own supportive network
The whole group gets together and discusses the benefits of establishing a network of deaf entrepreneurs; what kind of deaf network/potential deaf ecosystem the group would like to work towards.
Remember to present the concept of allies to the participants.
Participants consider the following:
- What kind of network would you like to create around yourself?
- Is it national or international?
- Who belongs to this network?
- How should your network support you? (social, emotional, instrumental, cross-cultural knowledge)
- How would you utilize and support each other when doing business?