Survey Results (work in progress)
(First results, May 2018) NB: At this point, the number of responses is too small for any conclusions!
Number of Respondents, per country
Age & Gender of Respondents, per country
all: Male 18, Female 10
Italy: Male 10, Female 5
UK: Male 5, Female 4
Preferred Communication mode?
Do you now own your own business?
10 yes, 9 no.
Of the no’s,
- 3 had their own business, in the past.
- 10 want to start their own business.
What kind of businesses do the respondents have?
What kind of business?
Main Target Group?
Number of Employees?
Barriers & Support
> Finding new customers: Deaf people do not want to pay for services, hearing people do not know the importance of accessible content (my work)
For your business: do you use an interpreter?
For your business: do you now receive support from your government / social services?
What kind of support do you receive?
- To set up a special support programme / centre for Deaf Entrepreneurs
- Financial Support (e.g. special funding or a monthly contribution to your income)
- To enable me to participate in (mainstream) training programmes (e.g. by providing an interpreter or notetaker)]
- To pay for special equipment (e.g. videophone, visual alarms, other accommodations)
- To pay for an assistant to help me with reading / writing
- To pay for some of the interpreter costs]
- To pay for all interpreter costs
How Deaf Friendly is your contry for Deaf Entrepreneurs?
Overall, in your opinion: how 'Deaf Friendly' is your country for Deaf Entrepreneurs, on a scale from 0 - 10?
NB: At this point, the number of responses is too small for any conclusions!